Just Garden offers workshops to ensure all garden recipients have the education they need to be successful in their garden. Workshops are also a way to meet other Just Garden gardeners in the area while answering questions about the garden and upcoming build.
Three workshops are offered for each garden build. Workshops are designed to give gardeners enough information and resources to feel comfortable and confident in the garden.
Example topics include:
- Soil texture and nutrients
- How to test and amend your soil
- Gardening in each of the four seasons
- Season extension using cold frames and cloches
- Crop rotation
- Integrated pest management -- how to avoid pests and diseases, plus what to do if you get them anyway
- Resources available to new gardeners
- Information about Seattle Tilth and Just Garden
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.